Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Nana

You never really know how you'll react. You play out scenarios in your head, wondering "what-if". But sure as anything, Nana passed away this afternoon of a heart attack. Not sure of all the details, but she's been on morphine for almost a month now. She was a cat with nine lives, and you never really knew when to take her scares seriously, because she came back from so many of them. I mean, between heart attacks, bypass surgery, cancer, getting a knee replaces and dealing with infection, you really never knew. But she finally went today. And while I'm really sad I know that it was a long time coming. But what I have to keep setting my eyes on is a conversation that we had a long time ago, before she had heart surgery. She told me that she wasn't afraid of dying, because she knew that she was going to have another life with a body that functioned better, and that she would be there with everyone that loved her. Most of all though, she would be with her Savior. If ever I envied someone with faith, it was her.

Nana, I love you and I'm going to miss you so much. I'm going to miss being the little girl that went to breakfast every Sunday morning and got my stack of french toast and hot chocolate (with whipped cream of course) and you got your number two, eggs over easy with rye toast and home fries, coffee with cream and Sweet n' Low. I won't forget getting a note wrong in a piano song and hearing your voice yelling from the next room "What's that note again?". Maybe I'll think of more when it doesn't make me bawl. Point is, I love you and I'll miss you, but I WILL see you again. Till then, rest in Jesus.

1 comment: